Feeling stuck? Not sure what to focus on next? Maybe now is the time to stop resisting the way things are and make the most out of what life is throwing at you.
In one way or another coronavirus has got us all reviewing and reassessing our lives in some way. While it can be frustrating and quite frankly a bit scary not knowing what’s around the corner, perhaps we can use this time to alter our course by taking a different approach or starting something new. How can you use this time in a way that’s going to serve you best?
- Learn to play an instrument or practice a craft. Have you always wanted to play the guitar, do a rubix cube, or sketch?
- Make or create something. How can you help the world? What do you have to offer? Is there a book you’ve always wanted to write or a community you’ve always wanted to build or a program you’ve wanted to create? Start before you’re ready.
- Take care of your body. Nourish yourself and eat well. Learn a new recipe, exercise and start a new routine.
- Declutter. What can you get rid of? How can you simplify?
- Organize something. Create a better system for something or tackle something you’ve been putting off for a while. Think about how good it will feel once you’ve done it.
- Complete an online course. Learn something new. Upskill yourself.
- Redecorate your room or your workspace. Make it cozy, just the way you like it.
- Write a list of all the things you want to do before you die it will help you get excited about the future. What are your goals? What do you want to spend your time on?
- Maybe now is the time to take the pressure off yourself entirely. Maybe just surviving and getting through the day is enough right now. Learning to sit with yourself and being honest about what you really need takes courage.