Need ideas for your host kids next birthday? Don’t fret. Here are 10 gift ideas that won’t break the bank and will have your host kid grinning from ear to ear all day.
These ideas will catapult you to #1 au pair status in no time.
- Decorate in or around your host kid’s bedroom. Use streamers or balloons and make some signs saying Happy Birthday. You could buy some coloured card and cut out individual letters to make a happy birthday sign. Use pegs to attach them to some string and hang them across the room.
- Bake a cake and write a special birthday message in icing.
- Make your host kid their own birthday crown or party hat.
- Make a video with a special message or put together some photos and videos of your time together. Get the family together to watch it on the TV.
- Take them to the cinema. Who doesn’t love a birthday outing!?
- Get your hands on some fairy lights and do something special in the evening. Maybe you could read them a birthday story by candlelight? Or write your own story and make your host kid the hero.
- Print a photo of you and your host kid together and find a photo frame to put it in and decorate it. Perhaps you can write ‘best host kid ever’ on the frame or a personalised message of your choice.
- Handwrite a note to put in their lunch box if their birthday falls on school day. It will be sure to make them smile if they’re not expecting it.
- Do you know someone that’s musically gifted or talented? Reach out to them and ask if they’ll record a personalised happy birthday song for your host kid. Perhaps you can join in and play an instrument? Or maybe you can even create one yourself!
- Kids love novelty. Make them the biggest birthday card they’ve ever seen and watch their eyes light up with amazement when they see it.
Got your own ideas? Share them in the comments section below!